Today, training itself is no longer a competitive advantage. Learning must be conducted in a manner that maximizes an organization’s resources while focusing on addressing its particular needs. Trainers need to identify the areas of improvement within the system, and use them as a basis for formulating performance-oriented learning solutions.
The Foundations of Instructional Design (ID) is a four-day workshop that merges the Needs Analysis and Instructional Design stages to provide trainers a panoramic view of your organization’s training requirements. Discover misconceptions, inefficiencies and impracticalities in current practice, and learn proven techniques in ID using a practical, practitioner-based approach.
Working in teams, participants will be able to develop a program design following the Design Matrix format.
To enable this, the learners will be able to:
- Distinguish between training- and non-training-treatable performance problems
- Conduct Training Needs Analysis
- Present TNA results in an audience-friendly manner
- Translate analysis results to design elements
- Develop measurable learning objectives that support performance
- Choose assessment methods that align with objectives
- Identify content based on objectives
- Select instructional methods
- Develop a course design
- Assess integrity of course design
- Overview of ISD
- Looking at the Big Picture: Is Training Needed?
- Understanding the Need through Training Needs Analysis (TNA)
- TNA Triangle
- From TNA to Training Design
- The Design Matrix
- Objectives: Domains, Levels, and Hierarchy
- Terminal and Enabling Objectives
- Instructional Assessment
- Completing the Matrix: Systematic Approach
- Instructional Integrity
The program is designed for Learning & Development professionals looking to deepen their competency in designing instructional material to provide solutions to their organization’s learning needs.
Is the Foundations of Instructional Design program right for you?
- I would like to be able to design relevant, effective courses
- I would like to be able to guide subject matter experts in developing productive programs
- I wish to be able to better assess training proposals from vendors
- I am an internal or external trainer who would like to deliver focused learning solutions to my client
September 23-26, 2014, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
AIM Conference Centre
P 25, 000.00 (+ 12% VAT)